Extensive Formal Training
- In-depth grounding in qualitative research methods derived from doctoral work with an anthropological methodologist in the field of medical education as well as two years of undergraduate studies in physics laboratory courses and calculus.
- Clients can be confident that research design will draw on the full spectrum of possible qualitative methods and that these methods will be used appropriately.
- Spontaneous innovation during the field period may be used as new information comes to light, maximizing clients’ time in the field.
- The hidden dynamics of decision-making behavior are clearly revealed during the research so that all parties are satisfied with the reliability of the research outcomes.
The Union Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ph.D. in Communication, July 1997
- Dissertation: Illness as a Gendered Event: Communication behavior reported by women and men diagnosed with chronic conditions.
- Specializations communication and social analysis, qualitative research methodologies, physician-patient communication, the culture of medicine, organizational culture and institutional change, women's issues in health care.
The Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania
Queens College, City University of New York
- Bachelor of Arts, 1970; Major: Communication Arts and Sciences